Debt Management Options from Pennsylvania Lawyers
Bankruptcy may not be your only hope for financial recovery
We know that it can feel like you have no options when you're running out of money and the creditors are closing in, but there's always hope with Harold Shepley & Associates.
Harold Shepley & Associates, LLC works hand in hand with you to determine the best course of action to get you where you need to be. Call us for a free consultation today at 877-827-9006 or contact us online any time.
We offer a wide range of services, and our attorneys will walk you through each option, if you qualify for it, and the benefits and drawbacks:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy - Though we make every effort to help you avoid bankruptcy, sometimes it is the best option. When you file Chapter 7, all of your unsecured debt is usually discharged and you may be able to keep most of your assets. Your credit, unfortunately, is damaged for 10 years when you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy - Filing bankruptcy under Chapter 13 gives you a much greater chance of keeping your assets. There is no liquidation, and you have the opportunity to pay back your debt. However, your credit is still harmed for seven years after the completion of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
- Debt negotiation - Our attorneys favor negotiation over any other form of debt relief. It is the fastest and most effective way to get out of debt without filing for bankruptcy. Your debts can often be settled for less than you owe, and your credit can be restored to an acceptable score.
- Mortgage foreclosure defense - When you are unable to keep up with your mortgage payments, you are at risk of losing your home in foreclosure. However, your lender may be willing to accept lower monthly payments and extend the term of your loan.
- Litigation defense - Our Litigation Division is focused on defending the rights of those who have been victimized by the credit industry. For residents of the state of Pennsylvania we bring legal action against lenders for predatory lending practices, unfair debt collection practices, and violations of the FCRA (Fair Credit Report Act, the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), and the FCEUA (Fair Credit Extension Uniformity Act). In addition, we offer legal services for individuals who have been sued for non-payment.
Beware of easy solutions
Debt consolidation is commonly advertised on television as a quick and easy fix. However, you must still pay the debt. Our lawyers do not recommend:
- Home equity loans - These are very risky. If you are unable to make your payments, you could lose your home as well as the option to file bankruptcy.
- Consumer credit counseling (CCC) - All of your bills are put together in one monthly payment. However, the payment is typically the same total amount that you are already paying.
Our attorneys are committed to debt relief, not debt consolidation.
Choose a law firm that offers a range of debt relief options
Remember, you do have options. We don't just tell you to sit down and listen, we help you choose the right plan for you. Contact our firm at 877-827-9006 or on our easy to use contact page for a free consultation today.
You have nothing to lose but your debt.