Debt Negotiation in Pennsylvania
Lawyers providing an alternative to bankruptcy
Bankruptcy is sometimes necessary, but it can remain on your credit report for up to 12 years. At Harold Shepley & Associates, LLC, we do whatever it takes to help you solve your debt problem without resorting to bankruptcy. Our experienced attorneys help you negotiate debt settlements with your creditors.
How debt negotiation works
Our debt relief team thoroughly examines your situation to form the best strategy to help you.
- You begin with a free consultation. One of our counselors reviews your finances and determines whether you can benefit from our debt negotiation services.
- If you qualify for debt negotiation, your debts may be settled for less than what you currently owe. Our goal is for you to successfully settle all of your unsecured debt — credit cards, personal loans, medical bills — for no more than 60 cents on the dollar, fees included, over a three-year period.
- Our lawyers negotiate directly with your creditors. Our firm’s experienced debt negotiation attorneys take on your creditors, negotiating vigorously to reduce your debt obligation to 60 percent of its original size.
Think twice before using consumer credit counseling
Consumer credit counseling (CCC) providers help you draw up a budget that allows you to pay off your debt on a payment plan. However:
- CCC payments are often higher than your current minimum payments
- You can be sued by your creditors at any time
When you allow our lawyers to help you with debt negotiation, we strive to lower your monthly payments and reduce your overall debt load. We make sound legal settlements with your creditors to protect you from future litigation.
Debt negotiation is preferable to debt consolidation
Consolidation of consumer debt often requires the use of a home equity loan, placing a lien on your property. This puts your home at risk if you default on your payments. Our attorneys offer debt relief that is not tied to your real estate, so you do not have to fear the loss of your home.
Explore debt negotiation as an alternative to bankruptcy
At Harold Shepley and Associates, LLC, we strongly advocate debt negotiation over bankruptcy whenever possible. We help you make an informed decision based on your individual needs. For a free debt relief consultation, contact our firm at 877.553.3389. Pennsylvania bankruptcy attorneys helping clients with chapter 13 and chapter 7 bankruptcy.